Did you know that your diet can help your joints regenerate? Remember how your grandmother used to tell you to eat collagen powder or pills for your nails and hair? Well, she was correct. This same idea holds true for your joints. Joints are made of collagen and we need to eat it in order to synthesize it in our joints.
This is our famous collagen green smoothie and it contains a ton of joint-health promoting collagen, protein, iron, and fats. Best of all, it’s delicious!
– 1/2 cup organic frozen berries (NOT other fruit, the goal is LOW SUGAR)
– Large bunch of organic greens (I like frozen kale and spinach, it crumples easily)
– 1/4 cup of full fat coconut milk (from the can)
– 1 Tbsp of collagen powder
– Fat Source to stay satiated (1 tbsp of coconut oil or grass-fed butter, or 1/2 small avocado)
– 1 large scoop, high quality WHEY protein powder (whey helps burn belly fat, I am not a fan of pea or hemp)
Blend away and enjoy fresh before the phytonutrients oxidize!
© Dr. Tyna Moore and www.corewellnesspdx.com, 2014-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Dr. Tyna Moore and www.corewellnesspdx.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.