Frequently Asked Questions
When Dr. Moore set out to attain her dual degrees as both a board certified Naturopathic and Chiropractic physician, she did so for one reason: to be as effective at treating pain as possible. 1 in 5 patients will present to any doctor’s office with pain. Her goal has always been to find safe and effective treatments that are efficient.
What she has discovered along the way is that regenerative injection therapies are most effective for patients who are active, athletic and training for life with adequate muscle. Our focus is on those who would consider themselves athletes. Dr. Moore is currently only accepting athletic patients who regularly strength train into her practice.
These treatments are only as good as the person’s immune and hormonal system is as they rely on the body for the regenerative response. Studies have shown that obesity and inactivity are not only detrimental to healthy and robust cell signaling (the premise of regenerative therapies) but that it actually causes stem cell populations to essentially wither. Without adequate muscle mass people do not have healthy mitochondria, which are the powerhouses of all human cells.
Joints don’t hold together well if they don’t have adequate musculature surrounding them. Deconditioned bodies or bodies that only do chronic cardio (running/cycling) don’t hold together well, even with these treatments.
What types of Conditions does Dr. Moore treat?
Click here to see relevant research on RIT.
Conditions that generally respond favorably to Regenerative Injection Therapy:
- Acute joint injuries
- Chronic joint pain
- Knee Pain
- Torn meniscus
- Low Back Pain
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain (acute or chronic)
- Degenerative Joint and Disc Disease
- Herniated Discs
- Rotator Cuff Injuries/Tears
- Labral Tears (shoulder/hip)
- Sprained Ankles
- Tennis/Golfer’s Elbow
- Unstable joints
- Ligamentous Laxity
- Many more……
Conditions that DO NOT respond favorably to Regenerative Injection Therapies:
- Chronic myofascial pain syndromes
- Severely herniated discs
- Central Spinal Stenosis
- Complete Rotator Cuff Tears
- Frank Surgical Conditions
- Pain from Cancer
- Pain from Autoimmune Conditions
What can I expect from my Regenerative Consult with Dr. Moore?
- Dr. Moore is not able to discuss your particular condition with you over the phone or email, review your MRI report or verify with you that these therapies are right for you prior to a New Patient Visit.
- Potential patients often want a verification that these treatments will work for them prior to scheduling an appointment, and the short answer is NO, it is simply not possible to know without meeting you in person. The nature of orthopedic issues require her to meet you in person and do a comprehensive physical exam before she can even determine whether the treatments that she offers would be suitable for you and your unique, individual needs. There are no sure answers in medicine. You must be or become an established patient of the clinic before we are legally able to give you any medical advice.
- Your first office visit with Dr. Moore will include detailed health history, region physical exam of your main joint complaint, and review of any previous imagining that you bring with you. She may scan the region with Ultrasound to gather more information and may apply supportive treatments. Once all of the information is compiled, Dr. Moore will answer any questions or concerns that you may have. You will be told the treatment plan and given an estimate of cost of the injections at that time. Dr. Moore rarely injects on the first visit.
- Healing is a process- this is a layered, functional approach- just as most painful conditions do not happen over night, nor does optimal healing and wellness. Wellness is a journey, not a destination. For those who want a “quick fix injection”, this is the wrong clinic for your needs. If you want to engage in the ownership of your body, wellness and overall health, and you’re ready to do the work, then Dr Moore is an inspiring and positive doctor to work with.
- If it is determined that your painful condition is stemming from an underlying nutritional, hormonal or systemic cause you may be counseled to work on your diet/lifestyle or referred to a Naturopath or other practitioner specializing in these treatments. You may be referred out, for other various reasons, to the most appropriate practitioner for your condition. The network of practitioners that she consults with and refers patients to are some of the top doctors in this field. Dr. Moore takes pride in her ability to quickly diagnose and decide the most appropriate course of action for her patients and to get you into the hands of the practitioner who can help you most and the fastest. Jumping to PRP or stronger treatments is often not a good idea initially if you are not in optimal healing mode or you are inflamed.
- Our goal is to always get you into the best hands for your type of pain and Dr. Moore’s extensive training and experience allows her to triage your individual case to most efficiently meet your needs. Too much time and money is wasted going from specialist to specialist for most people in pain, Dr. Moore takes pride in putting control back into the patient’s hands.
Healing takes TIME. This is NOT a one-shot-wonder.
While some patients may get full pain/symptom resolution after only one treatment, many need the recommended amount described above. We generally recommend 3 treatments spaced 6-8 weeks apart.
Patients also may become concerned about symptoms returning during the course of treatment, between injections. While this is completely understandable, we ask that all patients to have PATIENCE with the healing process. It is simply not possible to determine if a treatment plan is working until the course of treatment is completed. Everyone is a unique individual with a unique chemical milleu and a unique hormonal status and unique pain-wiring. We honor this uniqueness and we ask that patients honor their healing process and allow the course of treatment to be completed. Dr. Moore simply can not promise any decent results with only one treatment. You must complete the full series prescribed for optimal benefits.
Does Dr. Moore accept or bill Insurance?
Regenerative Injection Therapy which is not covered by insurance companies at this time. Billing insurance for these procedures is considered insurance fraud. We are not contracted with any insurance companies.
Prolotherapy and Injection Therapy procedures are NOT covered by Health Insurance Plans, regardless of if the clinic or the patient bills. As such, Dr Moore does not bill private health insurance or Medicare/Medicaid for procedures, nor is she “In-Network” with any insurance companies. Dr. Moore is Out-of-Network with all insurance companies.
Payment for your procedures is required at time of service, and our front office staff will provide you with a “Super Bill”. This Super Bill will have all of the correct diagnostic and procedural codes so that you may be successful in submitting a claim for reimbursement from the insurance company yourself for injection services/procedures. Each Insurance plan is different so we can not guarantee that your claim will be approved.
Can Dr. Moore prescribe pharmaceuticals for my chronic pain issues?
Dr. Moore will only prescribe the occasional pain medication following a procedure, and even then she generally suggests only regular Tylenol.